The MBA with an Accounting Concentration is a 30-credit option that is delivered in hybrid format in Harrisburg and Shippensburg.
The John L. Grove College of Business is accredited by AACSB International, which certifies the quality of the curriculum, faculty, and support services. The Ship MBA program offers high quality and outstanding value with courses taught by highly qualified faculty, who will help you develop the knowledge and skills you need to succeed in a rapidly changing global economy. Our graduate students find the Ship MBA convenient, reputable, and affordable.
The program consists of ten courses (30 credits), which includes, six core courses, three concentration courses and a capstone course. The core courses cover critical elements of business management in today's technologically advanced and global business environment. The course sequence is flexible, as most core courses do not have prerequisites beyond the basic requirements to enter the MBA program.
Ship delivers its MBA degree program in three convenient formats: part time, full time, and online. The requirements are the same in each of the three delivery formats. The Accounting concentration is not available to 100 percent online students.
The Ship MBA-Professional is a hybrid format program designed for working professionals. Students can complete the program part time in two years, taking two classes one night a week. One-third of each course is composed of online content, while two-thirds of each course is taught in an electronic classroom and broadcast synchronously to remote sites via video- conferencing technology, thus providing students the opportunity to interact with the professor and other students face-to-face from multiple sites. These sites include:
- Shippensburg University campus
- Dixon University Center, Harrisburg
Most class meetings are digitally recorded, so that when students cannot attend class due to work requirements, they may view the missed classes online via video streaming.
Undergraduate coursework and degree, relevant work experience, essay, and GMAT score will be evaluated and form the basis for admission. To be eligible for admission to the MBA program applicants must:
- Have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Present a current resume.
- Present a goals statement.
- Provide a GMAT score of 450 or higher if applicant has less than five years of mid-level experience, including management experience, or for whom additional evaluation is needed.
In addition, applicants are required to meet the following prerequisites:
- Work experience or undergraduate credits in:
- Quantitative analysis,
- Computer usage,
- Oral and written communications.
These areas are covered in the following courses offered at Shippensburg University:
- ENG 114 Writing Intensive First-Year Seminar
- SCM 200 Statistical Applications in Business MIS 142 Business Computer Systems
- HCS 100 Basic Oral Communication